Boca Raton Complex Divorce Lawyer
Florida Board Certified Family Law Attorney Handling Complex Divorce
Every divorce we handle is unique, because every family has different concerns. Here at Lewert Law Offices in Boca Raton, Florida, we handle contested and uncontested divorces for families of varying means and income levels. If your divorce is complex due to high net worth or ownership in a small business, attorney Tina L. Lewert at Lewert Law Offices, P.A. Link to Firm Overview can help.
Please contact us by calling 561-948-3419 to schedule a confidential appointment, or send an e-mail. We also offer a free initial telephone consultation.
Protecting the Financial Interests of Clients in High Asset Divorce
Divorce can be devastating to you and your family. Everything you have worked for during your marriage is subject to Florida's equitable distribution divorce laws. That means that all marital debts and assets must be divided fairly, including:
- The family home
- Commercial real estate holdings
- Pension and retirement accounts
- Mortgage and credit card debt
- Cars, boats or recreational vehicles
- Investments, including the family-owned business
The stakes in a high net worth divorce are high. If you have worked to build a high stakes career or thriving business, you want to protect your financial future. If you put your own career on hold to raise the children, while your spouse built a successful business or practice, it is only fair that you receive a share of the assets you helped to create.
Attorney Tina L. Lewert has safeguarded the rights of many clients in high net worth divorces, and advises the following to protect your assets:
- Have your commercial and residential property appraised by a reputable professional
- Investigate the true worth of your pension, I.R.A. and investment funds
- Demand full financial disclosure from your former spouse, so that all assets are counted
- Establish the value of your or your spouse's medical or legal practice, small business or corporation, including future growth potential
Lewert Law Offices Can Advocate for You
You have only one chance to divide your marital assets properly and safeguard your financial future. Lawyer Tina L. Lewert is Board Certified in Martial & Family Law, and will represent your interests in non adversarial mediation or fierce litigation. She understands what is at stake, and will fight to achieve a positive outcome of your asset dispute.
For more information or to schedule an appointment about business division and related divorce matters, please contact us.